Monday, January 26, 2009

cheesy pageant bliss

So, of all the cheesy things I'm sure I have done in my life, attending this year's Miss American Pageant has got to top the list! Don't get me wrong, I had a blast in Vegas with my mom and my childhood friend, Tina, and her mom. We cheered on our family friend, Elisa Davis, as Miss Idaho (as Elise introduced herself--"Idaho--where the TV was created, but I'm no couch potato!"). the christina (miss idaho's sister) sonja
(tina's mom),tina, me, and my mom.
yay for idaho!

elise davis--the beautiful miss idaho

The four of us ladies thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Paris on the strip, saw the Cirque du Soleil show "O" at the Bellagio, and delighted in excellent cuisine.

Can I say, "Wow?!?!" Cirque du Soleil's "O" was FREAKING AMAZING!!!! If you find yourself in Vegas, you seriuosly need to just splurge and treat yourself to this amazing treat of abstract art, absolute creativity, and mind-blowing performances! Wow. Seriously. Just go! No words can describe it.

It was truly a miracle in and of itself that we made it to Vegas. Tina and I flew out of Salt Lake Friday night after work. The world's thickest fog brewed up Friday evening and I thought for sure we'd be stuck in SLC all night. I couldn't even see the sign for the airport exit on the freeway, so I missed it and had to turn around. I parked in economy parking and wandered around the parking lot for half an hour trying to find the shuttle stop--couldn't even see my hand in front of my face in the crazy fog! But somehow, we made it out ontime. I don't know whether I should be glad or afraid that my pilot took off in the fog. But it all worked out.
tina and i enjoyed a cinnabon at the
slc airport to start off the weekend right!
we walked around the vegas temple grounds
on sunday before flying out. i never knew the
vegas temple was so pretty!
the madre and me at the vegas temple.
yeah, i highlighted my hair and it looks
super blonde to me in this pic...still
not sure if i like it or not.


To sum up the weekend, the Miss America Pageant, though cheesy, was a blast--and a once in a lifetime type of thing. And hey, I got to see Mario Lopez dance in person--so how could that have been a bad weekend?


3 comments:

*Brittany* said...

The Miss America pageant may be a little cheesy, but It would be so much fun and it's definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I'm excited to go down there in April. We're going to have a blast! BOWCHICAWOWWOW...

fallen_angel said...

I am so glad that you stuck a pic of hottie Mario on the bottom! Sounds like you had a blast, I'm jealous! GO IDAHO!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Wow! That is a childhood dream come true! Looks like so much fun. You're so cute Randah!