Monday, July 12, 2010

ten years. wow.

Last weekend while I was home in Idaho, I attended my ten-year high school reunion. Yeah. I feel old. It's official.

As a senior class officer, I had to help plan the event. And to be honest, I was dreading it. Immensely.

But, much to my surprise, it was rather enjoyable. I had a blast. Strangely, it didn't seem like ten years had passed since I'd seen my old chums. It was fun to catch up and see what everyone has been up to.

And it got me thinking...what have I really done with my life over the past ten years?
  • i have spent 2.5 weeks in Italy with my family while collecting my brother from his mission
  • i have attended 2 years of college at Utah State (hey, Aggies all the way!)
  • i have traveled to the British Virgin Islands with my fam
  • i have served an 18 month mission in Dallas, TX with my beloved Latinos
  • i have learned to speak Spanish
  • i have visited NYC with my roommates for spring break
  • i have on a cruise with my parents as a graduation gift
  • i have graduated with my degree--BA in Journalism/Communication--emphasis in PR and minors in Spanish and Sociology (that's a mouthful)
  • i have become a "big city girl" in SLC
  • i have made a few trips to CA
  • i have lived with 28 roommates--not counting mission comps
  • i have held "real jobs" with 3 different companies and learned much
  • i have moved 11 times (in 10 years--NOT counting the mission at all)
  • i have gone sky diving!
  • i have dated about 10 boyfriends and learned about heartache, falling in love, and myself
  • i have welcomed 2 sisters-in-law and 3 adorable nieces to my family
  • i have learned much about life
  • i have set and reached many goals
  • i have seen success
  • i have seen failure
  • i have made countless new friends
  • i have cried countless tears
  • i have giggled countless laughs
  • i have grinned countless smiles
Yep. It has been a great ten years for me! I think from age 18-28, I have changed a lot--as expected. I am not necessarily where I thought I would be at this point in my life. But things happen as they happen for a reason. I'm convinced of that. And I couldn't be happier. I am grateful for my life and all the amazing experiences I've had.

What a lucky girl I am. :o)

3 comments:

Kinley said...

You have done a lot my friend! Way to go! I was sad that we had to miss it, Cory's reunion was the same night too. So we missed both of them! I really can't believe it has been so long! But then I started to make a mental list of my life the last 10 years and it feels like... yeah, it has been a while! :) Anyway, thanks for the update, I didn't know you had done some of those things! You are a busy girl like always!

randah said...

Kin, I miss you! Have you already moved? Where are you going again?

Jennifer said...

VERY well put! I love this post!