Tuesday, November 3, 2009

am i TOTALLY crazy?!?!


So, the other day, out of boredom, my mind was wandering...and I decided I wanted to do a cleanse. Not totally sure why.

So I did some googleing and decided on The Master Cleanse. Eek. I'm scared. Really scared. But I talked my co-worker, Teresa, into doing it with me. I probably wouldn't have the courage (or stupidity) to do it myself.

So what is The Master Cleanse? Basically, it is a starvation plan. Haha.

The Master Cleanse has been around since like the 40s I think? I have read so many websites about it, that my brain is a little mushy. But basically, you only drink this lemonade concoction for ten straight days to cleanse your body. Yeah, I know...sounds insane. But lately, my body feels like it needs some sort of purification. I just feel sluggish. And I'm not okay with that.

Here is the lemonade recipe:
  • 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of organic, grade b maple syrup
  • 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup filtered water
You mix up the lemonade and drink 6 to 12 glasses a day--you drink every time you feel hungry. Ugh. Already dreading it...but excited to see the results!

So, tomorrow marks day one of the cleanse. Wish me luck. I will tell you all about it as I go. But tonight, I had my "last supper" at Winger's with my old roommates, Susan and Brittany.

Sigh. Cleanse, here I come...

4 comments:

Teeners said...

What does your dad have to say about this idea? 10 days?! Wow!

*Brittany* said...

Good luck! I'll be very impressed if you guys actually stick to it and complete it without cheating

Bree D. said...

You are very very brave!!! I don't think I could do it, but I will send you supportive vibes!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Katy said...

I want to know the results of this. I've read about these and always wondered if they really make a diffrence, so let me know. I know I don't have enough will power or self controll to even attempt, good for you for trying!!