Sunday, November 2, 2008

i got tagged (i HATE doing stuff like this...thanks Tricia!)

I got tagged by my friend Tricia..........
The rules are:
* Link to the person who tagged you (Tricia Buck http://triciamerlin.blogspot.com/)
*Post the rules on your blog
*Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself
* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
* Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted
Okay, here goes:

1. I ONLY drink Soy milk. I used to love real milk until sometime on my mission. I had a companion who had heard great things about the health benefits of soy milk (don't ask me what they are, because I have absolutely NO clue). So we decided to start drinking soy. And now, I absolutely am repulsed by the thought of real milk. It is nasty to me. So for probably the past five years I have drank only soy milk. I usually have two cartons in my fridge---one of Very Vanilla and one of Chocolate. Mmmm...I heart soy milk!

2. I count things. Now, this is somewhat embarrassing to admit and not too many people know this about me, but I count things all the time. For example, I am driving down the road and I see a billboard that says, "Nate Wade Subaru..." What do I subconsciously do? I oftentimes will count the letters in the words. And then maybe the syllables. And then maybe the different colors used in the billboard. I know, I know...this makes me sound totally crazy. I oftentimes will count pictures hanging on a wall or stairs or window panes, or people in a room, etc, etc, etc. I mostly just count on down time--driving, watching TV, sitting in boring meetings, etc. Now, this actually is something that kind of runs in my family, believe it or not. I have come to find out that my mother and my younger brother are also counters. Last year one of my co-workers found out about my counting fetish and made me walk with her to our office psychologist's office to confess to him my craziness. I explained to him that I count a lot, but not obsessively. He told me that it just means I have an active mind that doesn't like idleness. Now that sounds to me like a positive thing. Haha. Yeah, I am pretty much a freak, but at least my mind is always thinking.

3. Shopping is therapeutic to me. If shopping were a sport, I seriously think I could be a gold medalist. I grew up with a shopaholic mother. This just wore off on me. Even when I'm feeling poor and don't buy anything at all, shopping just lifts my spirits and de-stresses me. In college when I was working full-time and taking tons of credits and had a million other things going on, I would spend maybe an hour shopping, and all the sudden the world seemed bearable again and I was able to get everything done.

4. I am a clutz. I fall and trip and bump into things ALL the time. I am definitely not graceful by any means. My family can attest to this. I have infinite stories of me falling in front of large groups, in very public places, and in front of hot guys. Yep, that's me. One of my all time favorite falling stories was when I was in second grade. Tricia loves this story! I used to walk to school with the neighbor girls, but they were almost always running late. My mom always said I could go knock on their door, but if they weren't ready, I just needed to leave and walk to school alone. They always said they were almost ready though, and sometimes I'd go in and wait for them. Well one day, I waited and waited for them. By the time we finally left their house to head to school, we were going to be really late. My mom was watching from her bedroom window and she yelled out to me that I better RUN to school! While running, with my backpack furiously swinging up and down, I stumbled over a large chunk of broken cinder block that was haphazardly placed by the curb. I flew through the air, hitting my head on the cement. I totally blacked out and was unconscious for a while. I woke up in some lady's car. She took me home while my friends continued on to school. I chipped my tooth on the curb. And, after such a tramatic morning, my mom took me to the dentist to get my tooth repaired, and then she made me go to school. I totally deserved a sick day after that! But there was one bonus out of the situation. I got a huge gaping hole in the knee of my pants! I hated those light blue corduroy pants with the built-on suspenders! Luckily, I never had to wear them again! Long story, but the moral is that I fall a lot.

5. I am a thrill seeker. I went sky diving a couple of years ago and I have been on this thrill-seeking hunt ever since. I love any crazy, scary ride there is. I will try anything! I used to be pretty afraid of heights, but I got over that when I had to climb latters a lot while working retail a few years back. I can't get enough of roller coasters, sky diving, high-speed, twisty, crazy rides! I love them! I definitely want to go sky diving again very soon!

6. I am crazy about flossing my teeth. I cannot go to bed without flossing! I carry dental floss in my purse always. I am obsessive about it! But, luckily, I think it is paying off. When I went to the dentist a few months ago (after not going for about two years), I didn't have a single cavity! Yay for flossing!

Now you all know a little too much about me! Haha. I guess we're all kind of crazy in our own ways though!

I now tag my roommate Susan, my cousins Christin and Emily, and my friends Tina, Mindy, and Risa. Sorry girls! :o)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Randah!

I love when people get tagged and you get to learn all the funny stuff! Your Halloween party looked like it was a blast! I wish we could of met up in Disneyland-that's so funny we were there at the same time!

Jennifer said...

I think this was a really fun tag! I loved learning all of these interesting things about you! Very fun stuff. Shopping is theraputic for me, also. I can totally relate! I think it's cool about the counting thing, and I'm so sorry about the falling "curse!" You poor little second grader! Great story, though.

Amber said...

Oh man, shopping is like death to me!!! I hate it simply because I don't have money to buy whatever I want- I have to look for the deals and I hate looking!! I just wanna go and get it done!!! But I am glad that it works for you. Maybe someday soon i'll change my mind. I also like the fact that you are an avid flosser. I told Trace when he got married that he better start flossing everyday because we are too poor to pay for cavities!! And next time you go sky diving, give me a call- I've always wanted to do that but have been way to scared!!

LittleFamilyJL said...

Hi Randah! I just noticed your blogsite on facebook and thought I'd swing by and say hello!

We also have a blog if you want to check it out:

littlefamilyjld.blogspot.com

~Linda