Monday, November 17, 2008

one long day...with a surprise ending...

So, I left my house at 7:15 this morning. After THE longest day ever, I was finally pulling onto my street to go home around 10 PM. And, much to my surprise, there was a fire engine right in front of my house! My three roommates were standing in the driveway with 5 HOT, HOT firemen!!! What a nice welcome home greeting!

As I was quickly debriefed on the night's events by my roommates, I learned that our carbon monoxide detectors had gone off. So, my roommates called the sheriff's department--who sent the firemen.

I guess my roommates did the wrong thing by opening all the windows and doors when the alarms went off. FYI, you're just supposed to evacuate your house immediately in such an event--leaving the air un-diluted so it can be properly tested. So, at any rate, the hot firemen were anable to determine if we truly have a carbon monoxide leak, or if our batteries just died.

We put new batteries in and are sleeping in our house tonight anyway--with all our windows open (even though it's going to be a really cold night).

The scary thing is that two of my roommates have been sick the past few days with symptoms similar to carbon monoxide poisoning...

So, I will blog again tomorrow, just so you all know that I didn't die in my sleep tonight while inhaling toxic chemicals!

Sadly, we did not get photos of the hot firemen, so you'll just have to take my word for it, but they were yummy!

5 comments:

*Brittany* said...

FYI - I am alive.

fallen_angel said...

I am still kicking too...phew! And I did get a pic of those firemen, take a look at my blog...

LittleFamilyJL said...

You haven't posted yet....are you still alive???

Teeners said...

Wow! That sounds like a ton of fun! What a great way to end your day!

Jennifer said...

Yikes! I'm glad you guys are all okay!