Sunday, April 5, 2009

pink lemon jewels

So I LOVE to make jewelry! It is one of my favorite pass times. But it gets expensive. So last summer I decided that to support my habit, I should try to sell some of my stuff. I have really only sold a few things--mostly to co-workers and a little bit online through my Etsy store. I wish I had more time to devote to it.

I have been making jewelry for co-workers for Christmas and Valentine's Day--and it's a big hit at my office. I have also made wedding jewelry for a friends/a cousin. I love it!

My boss is helping her mother organize an auction to raise money for a charity that plans special programs for handicap kids. She asked if I would donate a few jewelry items for this cause. Of course I will! But I decided that I wanted to have labels or business cards or something--some way to let people know they can contact me if they ever want to order jewelry.

So I designed these business cards the other day (super girly, I knjow...but they're so me). What do you think? Are they TOO girly for business cards, or do you think they're cute? I came up with the name Pink Lemon Jewels last summer...not sure where that came from exactly, but I think I'll stick with it. Any thoughts on the name?

10 comments:

Tricia Squisha said...

I LOVE them! You are the cutest ever. Seriously! Those are way cute business cards. Work it girl!

Teeners said...

I love it! Way cute! And I love the name too!

*Brittany* said...

Randita - I think those business cards fit you perfectly! Go for it

Jennifer said...

I don't think they are too girly at all! They capture both you and the jewelry you make perfectly, in my opinion, and that's what you are going for! Good luck with the business! That's awesome!

Debbie Feller said...

Dear Randah, I love the business cards & the name...I think they're both adorable. How could you have a business without "Pink" in the name!!!? Looks like you're having fun...I'm so glad!!!
Love, Debbie

Risa said...

Hey Rah-Rah!!! I love the cards! Keep in mind that you are selling jewelry. Jewelry is girly. You want your cards girly. Your cards are you-pink and perfect! Saturday was awesome! Love you! ***finger nod and spastic clicking noise***

Ashley said...

Very very cute Randah! The only people that buy jewelry are girls (hopefully) so the girly "ness" of it will attract the right market.

Kinley said...

What's wrong with girly? The name makes me think of summer- don't know why, but it's a good thing! It was so fun to finally see you again! Let's not wait so long next time!

Christin Foscarini said...

I really like the name! It is so cute and the cards are adorable! You will have to post some of your jewelry so I can see it :)

Stephanie G. said...

Love your Business Cards, very clever. You'll have to show me more of your creations next time I'm there. I always love what you are wearing, I had no idea you made them, Awesome!! See you soon and good luck!