Sunday, September 20, 2009

you're so vain...

I have been meaning to post pics of one of my latest projects for quite a while now...

So, in my new house, the bathroom that Tricia and I share has zero counterspace and we don't really have room to get ready in there. So I had been sitting on the floor in my room while blow drying/styling my hair and applying my makeup. I was kind of tired of it. So I thought of a fun/cheap solution to my dilemma...A VANITY!

Purchasing a nice vanity was a little out of my price range, so I decided to create one that met my needs.

Step 1:
Find a cheap desk that had ample drawer space. Check.
$12.00 at a local thrift store.
Step 2:
Find a large & affordable mirror. Check.
$15.00 through the KSL classified ads.
Step 3:
Decide on a color scheme & buy supplies. Check.
$25.00 for sand paper, paint, brushes, decorations, etc. at various craft stores.
Step 4:
Some good old elbow grease. Check.

Step 5:
Move the finished product into my room and enjoy the fact that I don't have to sit on the floor anymore! Check.
It just so happened that I already had a cute little hot pink corduroy stool. Perfect!
(oops--mirror is streaky in this picture. haha)
Yep. It's orange with pink polka dots. And while it might look like it belongs in a five-year-old girl's bedroom, I don't care. I like it. And I might as well have a pink and orange bedroom while I am still single and I can. :o)

For a total of about $50.00, I created a funky solution for my vain morning routine of prepping myself for the day.

3 comments:

Teeners said...

I love it! So cute!

P.S. I can never read your blog because of the color of letters.

P.P.S. I will email you about getting together soon!

Debbie Feller said...

Good job Randah...cute!!!

*Brittany* said...

Turned out nice!